20080403

More and More Young Women Choose Surgical "Perfection"

A psychologist in the article, "More and More Young Women choose Surgical Perfection" (p480) talks about the "commercialization of [women's] bodies." Researchers talk about "our culture [being] drenched in visuals." Talk about the issues raised in this article and include a definition of these 2 quotes. Include how you relate to this idea of plastic surgery based on YOUR racial and gender identies (ie., how would you relate to this as an Asian woman, for example).

"Perfection, Success, Happiness, Beauty" exactly. All those words need to be in quotes because I believe that they can't be defined, and are all based on personal feelings. I don't even know where to begin, I've got a million things swirling around in my head but I think it boils down to I think people are just lazy and stupid. Like the girl that paid $5,000 to get 3 inches sucked off her waist, give me break, do you know how far $5,000 could go and you're using it to take 3 inches of your waist. She even admitted that she just didn't have the willpower, bullshit, its just pure laziness if you really were heart set on losing that fat, I don't think 3 inches would take much fluctuation in your lifestyle to take off. Eat a little more healthy and exercise a little bit more, cut out fast food and drink more water, go for a run every other morning, it's really not that difficult. I don't think this plastic surgery obsession will stop and if anything will probably grow more and more, you can talk to any girl and I bet they can instantly name 3 things they don't like about their bodies. I was with a girl one time and she asked me to name three things I didn't like about myself, so i did, and I asked her the same question and each thing she named I actually found attractive on her, there's someone out there for everyone no matter what you look like and i think getting plastic surgery will only lead your fake self to the fake person you should be with.

No comments: